Emergency Kit

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Remember the earthquake prediction of Da Luz (Da Roose)? Well, I know it's a hoax but it made me reassess our earthquake/emergency preparedness here at home. Before the email, all I had in our emergency kit were tissues and toiletries. I am happy to say that I am close to completing our kit.





Tip: Flashlight and Cloth gloves available in Ace Hardware. Army Knife, Poncho and Blanket available in R.O.X., Bonifacio High Street.





Emergency Kit for 2

  • First Aid Kit
  • Medication
  • Flashlight/Radio (hand crank)
  • Emergency Poncho (2 pcs)
  • Emergency Blanket (2 pcs)
  • Army Knife
  • Cloth Gloves
  • Bottled Water (6 pcs)
  • Food
    • 2 cans Pork and Beans
    • 2 cans Sardines
    • Granola Bars
    • Pet food
  • Can Opener
  • Spoon and Fork (2 sets)
  • Toiletries
  • Tissue Paper
  • Extra Set of Clothes
  • Towel
  • Cash
  • Extra Set of House and Car Keys
  • Photocopy of Important Documents (in a waterproof container)
    • Birth/Marriage Certificates
    • IDs and Passport
    • Important Numbers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! If Keeno sees this, he would ask me if you could adopt him. I can only dream of having as much free time as you!

Anonymous said...

do add a lighter on your list, it will also be helpful. I personally bought a zippo wind proof lighter for easy fire starter.

Anonymous said...

I also have an emergency grab bag incase of emergency. used thule bag just to make sure all things will fit and be safe and dry

 
ss_blog_claim=67018f3de1a8852768510c0d42841a05 ss_blog_claim=67018f3de1a8852768510c0d42841a05